The World Cup invasion has begun, and Puma is taking over the Big Apple this summer with their Puma City. We caught up with them yesterday down at the South Street Seaport and with a little persuasion from SampleSaleShop we were able to get an exclusive sneak peek. From June 11th-July 11th, it’s gonna be football by day, and parties by night! The big Puma City launch is this Friday, June 11th and it’s going to be a party you don’t want to miss! Peep through our gallery to see the shots we took of Puma’s soccer fields, merch, the photobooth, schedule, and more.
Stuff to do at Puma City:
- RED Bar – Puma’s official beer garden
- PUMA Social Club will hosting ping-pong tournaments, Foosball games, darts, video games, athlete appearances and more, with DJ nights every Wednesday from 9 PM to 1 AM
- Suits and Boots – Puma invites business executives to challenge co-workers and friends in 30-minute soccer matches at the pop-up soccer field from 12 PM to 2 PM Mondays through Fridays. Games are free and everyone is welcome.
- Women’s Professional Soccer Clinics and Viewing Parties – Sunday nights, watch the games on JumboTrons. Local and visiting teams will host clinics for players wishing to brush up on their soccer skills. Soccer superstar Marta will be making an appearance on Monday, June 14, and New Jersey’s very own Sky Blue FC, the reigning WPS Champions, will host a meet-and-greet on Sunday, June 27.
- iCycle Bike Day – Puma and Hub Station will offer free bike repairs on Saturday, June 19, and Sunday, June 20.
You can see all of our World Cup-related posts at http://su.pr/1Kyrhf .
sources: Puma City, The Original Winger, and SampleSaleShop.com
Posted in NYC, Pop-Up Shops, sporting gear, sports, World Cup
Tagged beer gardens, Cristiano Ronaldo, FIFA World Cup, football, free NYC, Marta, nd, New York City, NYC, nyc for free, original winger, Pele, polo shirts, pop-up shops, Puma, Puma City, puma city nyc, pumas, Sample Sale Shop, SampleSaleShop, SampleSaleShop.com, soccer, South Street Seaport, street wear, streetwear, Wayne Rooney, World Cup, World Cup 2010, World Cup South Africa, WPS, Zinedine Zidane
Louis Vuitton and Annie Liebowitz have been collaborating on their Journeys campaign for a few years now. For the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa, they released a video of retired soccer Legends Diego Maradona (Argentina), Zinedine Zidane (France), and the legen-dary Pele (Brazil – the only player holding three World Cup winning medals), dukin’ it out … in foosball.
No, we didn’t say “football”. FOOS-BALL. Check it out.
Read (and RT) all of our World Cup Wednesday posts here: http://bit.ly/94EAyk.
Posted in celebrities, Collaborations, sports, videos, World Cup
Tagged Annie Liebowitz, Argentina, Brazil, Diego Maradona, Fashion, FIFA, FIFA World Cup, foosball, France, luxury, Maradona, nd, Pele, Sample Sale Shop, SampleSaleShop, SampleSaleShop.com, soccer, sports, streetwear, videos, World Cup, World Cup 2010, Zidane, Zinedine Zidane
“I don’t wear jersies, ’cause I’m thirty-plus.” – Jay-Z, “Change Clothes”
For something more subtle and versatile, peep Fred Perry’s limited edition polos for the 2010 FIFA World Cup. Each style is embroidered with the name of a different country – Spain, Brazil, Japan, the Netherlands, France, Sweden, England and Italy – and comes in that nation’s team’s colors. You can get them at End Clothing.
England and Italy are already sold out. Remember, no headbutting!
(source: Freshness Mag)
Posted in His, sports
Tagged 2010 summer, Ashley Cole, basics, Brazil, classics, David Beckham, End Clothing, England, Fashion, FIFA, FIFA World Cup, football, France, Fred Perry, I don't wear jersies cuz I'm 30 plus, international, Italy, Japan, Jay Z, Jay-Z Change Clothes lyrics, limited edition, mens, menswear, nd, polo shirts, Sample Sale Shop, SampleSaleShop.com, soccer, song lyrics, Spain, sports, spring/summer 2010, Sweden, the Netherlands, World Cup, World Cup South Africa, Worldcup 2010, Zidane headbutt, Zinedine Zidane