- NEWS | Check out the new Juxster.com!
- SampleSaleShop.com | NEW BLOG URL
- Sample Sale | California | OBEY
- Pop Up Shop | San Francisco | Guns and Shades Vintage Eyewear
- GIVEAWAY | Limited Edition LRG x G-Shock Watch!
- Sample Sale | NYC | Y-3 Yohji Yamamoto
- POP UP SHOP | NYC | Imilla Road
- Sample Sale | Paris | Kitsuné
- Exclusive Sneak Peak: Puma City Pop-Up Shop Takes Over NYC
- World Cup Wednesdays | T-Shirts Transform You Into Your Favorite Player
Tag Archives: nd
The World Cup invasion has begun, and Puma is taking over the Big Apple this summer with their Puma City. We caught up with them yesterday down at the South Street Seaport and with a little persuasion from SampleSaleShop we were able to get an exclusive sneak peek. From June 11th-July 11th, it’s gonna be football by day, and parties by night! The big Puma City launch is this Friday, June 11th and it’s going to be a party you don’t want to miss! Peep through our gallery to see the shots we took of Puma’s soccer fields, merch, the photobooth, schedule, and more.
Stuff to do at Puma City:
- RED Bar – Puma’s official beer garden
- PUMA Social Club will hosting ping-pong tournaments, Foosball games, darts, video games, athlete appearances and more, with DJ nights every Wednesday from 9 PM to 1 AM
- Suits and Boots – Puma invites business executives to challenge co-workers and friends in 30-minute soccer matches at the pop-up soccer field from 12 PM to 2 PM Mondays through Fridays. Games are free and everyone is welcome.
- Women’s Professional Soccer Clinics and Viewing Parties – Sunday nights, watch the games on JumboTrons. Local and visiting teams will host clinics for players wishing to brush up on their soccer skills. Soccer superstar Marta will be making an appearance on Monday, June 14, and New Jersey’s very own Sky Blue FC, the reigning WPS Champions, will host a meet-and-greet on Sunday, June 27.
- iCycle Bike Day – Puma and Hub Station will offer free bike repairs on Saturday, June 19, and Sunday, June 20.
You can see all of our World Cup-related posts at http://su.pr/1Kyrhf .
The “godfather of graffiti”, Bronx, NY’s SEEN has released the catalog, “Please Enjoy“, to go with his current exhibition in Paris. SampleSaleShop.com had a Q & A session with Clémence from Magda Gallery, who are hosting the show.
Here’s the 411:
- SEEN has been living in Paris since 2007, but visits his native New York often.
- His Please Enjoy exhibition will be at the Magda Danysz Gallery – 78, rue Amelot – Paris, France – through June 26th
- This is SEEN ‘s first show in 3 years.
- Seen photographs all the places he’s worked – including New York, his Paris studio, and tags.
- Please Enjoy is called a “catalog” because it shows SEEN‘s story, shows and his archive of work, ranging from photographs from the 1970’s to his current artwork – including old trains, tattoos, and pieces in the exhibition.
Please Enjoy is limited edition: 500 copies worldwide! Hard cover, 96 pages. You can buy it online through Magda Gallery.
The limited edition Plexiglass tag is already sold out, but you can get request to get on the wait list.
The SampleSaleShop.com crew hit up the Maloof Money Cup skateboarding championships this past weekend in New York. It was dope – for skaters, by skaters. The event brought a 16,000 square-foot skate park to Flushing Meadows Park in Queens, NYC, and $100,000 to winner Chris Cole. How do you like them apples?
Check out Chris in this video of the finals:
Matt from ItsBongoBoy tweeted the photo below (Psst: We’re revamping our blog soon. Don’t be surprised if you see Matt contributing as a guest blogger). Btw, are you following us on Twitter @SampleSaleShop?
Winner Chris Cole told the New York Times, “There’s a lot of different options here for kids to find a lot of fun. It’s not your standard skate spot where it’s back and forth.”
Even Susan Sarandon and Lil’ Jon made it out to Queens for the Maloof Cup.YE-AAH!
Adidas strikes back! Adidas and George Lucas have released The adidas Originals Cantina Film as part of the “Street where originality lives” campaign. It features cameos by Snoop Dogg, Daft Punk, Noel Gallagher, Ciara, Jay Baruchel, and Star Wars faves Han Solo, Chewy, ObiWan, and C3PO – plus David Beckham, who plays for the LA Galaxy, far, far away from South Africa.
Watch Nike’s “Write the Future” World Cup video campaign.
Check out Usher, getting mobbed by fans, in an olive green Comme des Garcons Homme Plus cardigan and Marc Jacobs M2588 sneakers.
Twilight‘s token human, Kristen Stewart, wore Dolce & Gabana to the 2010 MTV Movie Awards last night. What do you think of K-Stew’s outfit? Are you feelin’ it?
Hot or Not?
Bonus: In case you missed it, here’s Sandra Bullock and Scarlett Johansson kissing, with Betty White.
Twilight: New Moon actually won for Best Kiss – this is the second year in a row for K-Stew and R-Pats (Robert Pattinson). What was the best kiss of last night? Check out MTV’s Kiss Cam video to see more stars locking lips: Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens, Get Him To The Greek’s Russell Brand and Jonah Hill, and, of course, Sandra and ScarJo.